Monday, 4 March 2013

Beauty Haul- Part 1

Over the past month or so I have been experimenting with new products and testing them out, I've been stuck in a rut with my beauty regime so I thought I'd spruce things up and try out something new. These are just a few recent purchases, some are very inexpensive products and some aren't, the ones which aren't are worth the money because I personally think the quality is bril!


So, as you can see I have a mixed bag of products here, I'm just going to give a quick review on them and let you guys know what I think :) 

To the left of this picture is Diesel Loverdose, this was a present and came in a gift set as it was bought around Christmas time. It is a 30ml bottle and came with a 50ml body lotion and shower gel. I absolutely love this fragrance, it's kind of hard to describe the smell but I'd describe it as quite 'fruity' (not sure if that makes sense to you) but you don't need to spray a lot and it lasts all day with just a couple spritz on the neck and wrist. It took me a while to get used to the fragrance because admittedly I am a Marc Jacobs Daisy fan and have been for a fair few years, but after testing Diesel out I would recommend it and its quite cheap for what it is! (£36 in Boots)
Diesel Loverdose

To the right is 'Stop 'n' Grow Stop Biting. If any of you want to stop biting your nails or the sides of your nails then this is what you need! It has an easy application brush just like a nail polish, and doesn't leave an awful smell on your hands, BUT once you even attempt to put your fingers in your mouth you are greeted with the most awful taste which makes you quickly remove them, safe to say the product does exactly what it says! I have used this for over the last week, regrettably I bite the side of my fingers (a really bad habit). However since I've had this the condition of my fingers look so much better and aren't sore anymore BONUS! If you have any bad habits like biting your nails, fingers or thumb sucking this is definitely the product for you! (£3.49 from Amazon)
Stop 'n' Grow


To the left is 'high lights' by technic. I have posted about this product before but I honestly cant tell you how great it is, I use this more for nights out or special occasions, I don't really use it in my everyday make up routine. It is similar to Benefit High Beam but at a much lower price, it is only £2.49 off of Amazon, seriously try it out!
Technic- High Lights

To the right is 'Natural Collection' in Crimson I bought this from Boots and it was only £1.99. At the moment I'm not a lipstick person but I want to get into it, I've seen that it can make a complete change to the way you look. This is just a start out product I went for a cheaper range just in case I don't like the way I look with lipstick on. However I have used it and to my surprise I did like it, the lipstick keeps your lips moisturised and doesn't dry them out like I know other lipsticks can, the only downside to this product is that it fades after a short amount of time and you have to reapply it quite a few times. If you are wanting to test out lipstick just to get an idea on how it looks then it is worth it, I will be purchasing a more expensive branded lipstick now I know that I like the colour on me!


To the left is 'Simple' face moisturiser I got this from Boots for around £3 I think it was on offer at the time. I have heard loads of good things about Simple and due to the cold weather we have had recently my face has become quite dry. So I thought I'd give this a try, it is for sensitive skin and I tend to prefer products that are for sensitive skin because I'm always worried that I'd get an allergic reaction to strong perfumed products (even though I've never had an allergic reaction to anything in my life, I still worry). I would recommend this product it doesn't feel to heavy on your skin or feel like it is clogging up your pores, it really does hydrate your skin and you can feel the difference.
Simple Skincare

To the right is TRESemme' Heat Defence it was again on offer at Boots for around £3. I have only just started using this product, first thing I noticed was the smell, it smells great, I've used heat defence products before and not been keen on the smell, but I really like this one. I've used it a couple of times but I think I need to use it a lot more to get the real effect of the product. However the reason I bought this is because my mum has sworn by this product for years and she has similar hair to me and uses straighteners most days and she has shiny healthy glossy hair. So hopefully this product will work just as good on my hair and on yours if you decide to purchase it :)
TRESemme'


No comments:

Post a Comment