Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Is that the sun I can see?

Soooo, the sunshine has finally decided to make an appearance and I don't think I could be happier, all the spring/summer clothes can finally come out of the wardrobe! 

I hope you all had an amazing bank holiday! Everyone seems to be much happier when the sun is out! Its BBQ and beer garden kinda weather, something which England doesn't experience often enough, so when its this nice everyone likes to make the most of it! I wouldn't say its a shorts and vest top kinda weather just yet though. 

I've been playing around with some outfits over the bank holiday, I haven't gone for anything too summery because you just never know with English weather! 

OOTD: 1


Surprisingly most of this outfit is pretty old, my jeans are Leigh Topshop ones (the most comfiest pair of jeans I own!) My sandals are from River Island they have a gold chain up the front and leopard print platted into it, they are like the 'jelly' sandal and are so comfy at first I thought they would rub but they really don't, I'm a huge fan of the Mel shoes which are sold at Schuh which are similar to these.

The shirt is new and is from Miss Selfridge I got it in the sale for £6.90 with student discount, I honestly couldn't believe how cheap it was! This is one of my favourite pieces at the moment its really light weight, long and a lovely pastel pink colour, it has a cut out on the back which you can't see but it adds a nice detail to the top. The only thing I'd say I dislike about it is how easily it creases!


(Excuse the mirror selfie, this is what happens when your tripod'less)
This is the outfit on, sometimes just showing you how to put an outfit together isn't really enough because it can look completely different on and you might want to change. I just threw this outfit together and I love it, its so comfy but I think it has a nice summery touch, even though I'm in jeans. The necklace is from Primark for just £4! The ring is old, but from Miss Selfridge but they do exact copies in Primark for like £1! 


Face of the day...

FACE
Rimmel London- Match Perfection 200, soft beige
Body Collection- compressed bronzing powder 
w7 Brow Bar- shades 2&3

EYES
Collection 2000- Extreme 24 hour felt pen 
Rimmel London Mascara- Extreme black volume flash 

LIPS
Natural Collection- Rose Petal 

OOTD: 2


I've been shopping recently and noticed that a lot of the high street shops have bright, neon colours in the windows, I've seen a lot of jewelry with neon colours in but I just haven't seen many that I like, I'm hoping they get some more in closer to summer! I've been in Primark (obviously, I love the place). I picked up the t-shirt and the shoes, the glasses and bag are also from there but I bought those last year. As soon as I seen the t-shirt I loved it, admittedly it is bright orange and not something I'd usually wear but I was feeling adventurous and it was only £4!


I love the shoes, I've had my eye on them for a while but when you have size 3 feet its hard to find your size! Finally they had some in stock though YAY. They were £8 which I think is worth it, they have little triangle cut outs allover which I really liked and the tan colour will literally go with most of my wardrobe! The necklace is also from Primark which I mentioned above, the bag I think was around £4 and the sunglasses where like £2. The jeans are from NewLook for £20 and are unbelievably comfy and come in petite sizes for extremely short people like myself!


NOTD

Barry M Gelly- Greenberry 
This is my absolute favourite at the moment and I love the contrast of colours with my t-shirt, the ring is also from Primark and came in a pack of 4 for £4.

I hope you found this useful if you need any inspiration for some spring/summer looks, do you have any outfits you'd like to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment