Thursday, 9 May 2013

Midi Skirts

I've noticed that midi skirts and dresses have been really popular on the high street lately! I've been umming and arring about whether to buy one or not because when you're merely 5ft its easy to shrink yourself with long dresses and skirts. However I thought I'd experiment and see how I liked it on, surprisingly I loved it!

It's the perfect length on me and its so so, sooo comfy! It's very basic but I'll show you how I've dressed it up for a night out and dressed it down for during the day.


I wore this for my friends birthday night out and it's one of the comfiest going out, outfits I've ever worn! I teamed it up with the polka dot crop top just so it didn't look too plain and added brown shoes and accessories to break it away from just black and white. The top is from the Newlook sale store which I've recently posted about and it was only £3! The skirt was £8 on offer from Internacionale and the shoes are from Barrats but were bought last year.



This is a more casual look, kinda everyday wear. Again this was super comfy, I know fashion isn't always about comfort but it helps if it is, right? I just wore a really plain grey T from Primark for £3/£4 and wore a statement necklace which was £4 from Primark to jazz it up a little. I never would have thought that I would wear pumps with a skirt, like ever, but I've seen quite a few people pull it off so I thought why not, and wore my converse which I also love and are comfortable!

Midi Skirt- Internacionale 
Converse- Office 

Hope this helps you get a few ideas on how to dress a midi skirt up and down for day or night, especially you short people out there like me!


No comments:

Post a Comment