Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Can we go thrift shopping?

If you read my blog regularly you will know I always have an eye for bargains. This is a habit of mine which sometimes is quite bad as it leads to spending more money on more clothes that I apparently, somehow always need. Of course it's always want over need. 

I've posted before about a couple of things I bought from a car boot sale, but another love of mine is charity shops! I honestly love them depending on the ones you go in, they can be full of loads of amazing things whether it's for clothes or home ware. Once everything has had a wash and clean they're as good as new! 

I always find that the charity shops in little villages have the nicest things rather than the ones in the city, I'm not quite sure why but they seem to have more in the villages. Me and my boyfriend took a trip out to a little village (like tiny) in North Yorkshire called Knaresborough it has cute little tea rooms and some beautiful scenery, definitely repaying a visit there in summer! 

We went on a Sunday so it was really quite but was really relaxing and a couple of the shops were open which led me into a couple charity shops where I found the most beautiful coat which I haven't taken off since! 


It was only £12 and really reminds me of some of the beige/camel coats I've seen in Zara but its safe to say they were more than £12! I was debating whether to get it or not but for the price I can always sell it on (which I'm probably not going to do as I love it so much) or give it to my gran ha! 


I wore this outfit today to meet up with one of my best friends and my godson for lunch. So just a rather casual and very comfortable outfit. I am also loving stripes at the moment and I'm so happy the nautical look is coming back in for summer! It's the first outfit I've actually styled it up with the coat its quite over sized but I just love it, especially for the weather we are having it's still pretty chilly! 

The T-shirt is from Primark and I think it was around £4, pretty much everywhere is selling them now for around the same price. The jeans are Joni from Topshop, another fave of mine. The necklace was only £1 from New Look another bargain that I haven't stopped wearing lately! 
The boots are a dupe of Vagabond's that I only found thanks to Lily Melrose who did a dupe video on YouTube and they were only £25 from New Look! 

I have also done a little bit of research on the coat just to see if the brand still exists as it was made in the 1950's and it turns out Eastex is quite a premium brand that is still running today and the coats are anywhere from £50 to £200! I couldn't actually believe it but I'm happy that I found this little gem!

Let me know if you have visited any cute villages or found some bargains!





1 comment:

  1. Love that coat! I never find hidden gems like that in charity shops =/ x

    http://pippaswriteway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete