Thursday, 13 February 2014

You're not nineteen forever, pull yourself together...

When I was thinking about my 20th Birthday - The Courteeners Not Nineteen Forever was the first thing that popped into my mind so it seems like a pretty fitting title for this post. 

I turned 20 a couple weeks ago and it still hasn't hit me that I'm no longer a teen! I have soon discovered that when you are younger you want to be older and when you are older you want to be young again. Just can't win can you? 

If you read my previous post you will know that I have been down in Manchester for the past couple of weeks and I spent my birthday down there. It was on a Monday so family, friends and my boyfriend couldn't come down and I was working. (What a rubbish day for a birthday to fall on?) The girls from the company I was working for took me out for dinner in the evening at a lovely restaurant in Spinningfields on my actual birthday and I celebrated it properly the weekend before and the weekend after so there was a lot of celebrating going on! 

I must admit I was very spoilt for my birthday this year and very grateful! My boyfriend also took me to Hard Rock Cafe for the first time and the food was amazing, very VERY big portions but it was all American style which I loved! We also went to see Wolf of Wall Street to see what the hype was about and in all honestly I get why everyone was raving about it! If you haven't seen it I would 100% recommend it! (If your over 18 that is) 

I then spent a day at the Trafford Centre with my family and visited Forever 21 which is a must as they don't have this store in Leeds, bad times. I surprisingly didn't buy much which is a first! The weekend after my best friends came down and we went out for drinks which was fun for all of us as we'd never had a night out in Manchester before!

I took a couple of snaps from over the weekend... 




The highlight of my birthday was finally getting my camera! I have had my eye on this baby for a while, the Canon 600D. I am so so happy I finally saved enough money to get it as I think the quality of  my photos is quite important and they will look much prettier on my blog :) 



I'm still learning about all the different settings and modes on my camera so bare with me if the first couple images aren't great! If anyone has the same camera I would be happy for a little guidance, I'm watching YouTube videos to learn about it and reading the manual book but some of it goes over my head completely! So yeah I am much more motivated to blog and maybe do another YouTube video.

Speaking of YouTube I have added a link to my previous post as they have put a video together for the event, it's worth a look! :) 










2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! It is a crazy transition to finally leave the teens! Welcome to your 20's :). Your camera is beauuuutiful! Congrats!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Yes it is very strange but I think I will slowly but surely get used to it! :) xx

      Delete