Friday, 15 August 2014

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Sometimes skincare can be the bane of everyday life, but it's soooo important to take care of your skin particularly your face. If you wear makeup daily like me then I'd highly recommend to have a good deep cleanse regularly and even have some 'make up free' days!

I thought I would share with you all my nighttime skincare routine. It's very simple and basic it works for me so it may work for some of you. Most of the products I use are very inexpensive so if you'd like to try it then you won't be breaking the bank!



I have a combination of oily and dry skin on my face, my t zone is generally quite oily but then around my nose and under my eyes get rather dry sometimes. I tend to use products that are for sensitive skin, not that I've ever had an allergic reaction to anything that isn't for sensitive skin. In all honesty I'm just worried about trying something and having a huge breakout, gotta be every girls worst nightmare!



To start with I use these Simple make up wipes, before these I used to use Nivea but found that my skin was left feeling oily and clogged. These are by far the best makeup wipes I've used especially around my eyes and for eye makeup it's exactly what it says on the packet, 'kind to skin'. I usually pick these up from Superdrug when they are two for £3!


This product has been floating around in the blogosphere and YouTube channels that I watch with nothing but praise! So, I thought I would give it a try (as you do after every beauty haul you watch, ha!) I can honestly say after trying it I now know why! I used a Superdrug micellar water and I felt as though it didn't dry properly and left my skin feeling sticky! I've been using this for about 3 weeks every night and I can see that my skin looks much brighter and refreshed in the morning. 

It also amazes me at how much dirt it removes from your face when you think your face is already clean! It really gets into your pores, just an amazing all round product that you can pick up for around £5!


This Sanctuary Spa Purifying face wash was something that I tried on a whim really. I got a huge box full of Sanctuary Spa stuff at Christmas I loved the face wash that came with it but I wasn't a fan of the body lotion as they were really strong scents. I use this occasionally on evening's I don't use it every night as sometimes I just don't feel the need to after I have used the Micellar water (or if I'm feeling extra lazy and exhausted!) I picked a few more of these up from Boots as I've been using it for a couple months now. 



This is my go to face moisturiser, it soaks into my skin rather quick and leaves my skin feeling really soft all night. If I'm having a make up free day then I just use my face wash and this moisturiser and it still let's my skin breathe. It isn't heavy on the skin it's really light and leaves you feeling fresh. I pick this up from a shop called Savers as its only £2 in there but you can pick it up from Boots for around £4.



This is actually something I purchased last year but never really got round to using. After having a clear out I came across it and thought I would give it a whirl. I am actually really glad that I did as it has improved the dark circles under my eyes, they're still quite dark as its almost impossible to be rid of dark circles but I have honestly noticed an improvement. It also feels sooo refreshing when you apply it as its super cold due to the silver roller ball! This is around £5 at Boots and worth buying if you want to improve dark circles and tired puffy eyes!


Yep, I was one of them on this mental BabyLips hype I was so excited when Superdrug launched them (obviously went crazy and bought every colour they had). I still use them daily so it was worth it and at £3 you really can't complain. This is one of the nourishing lip balms that hydrates. It has taken place on my bedside table and I apply it every night. I have a thing for lip balms there is always about 3 hanging around in the bottom of my bag and literally one in every room of the house. My pet hate is 100% dry lips! This really does nourish your lips, not for as long as it states on the packet but for a good few hours at least! 


Now, this is most definitely on the pricier side of my skincare products but it is literally my holy grail product when I feel a really bad spot coming on under my skin. Fortunately I haven't experienced any bad un's for a while. When I feel a spot coming I always apply this before I go to sleep and it can literally disappear over night! Occasionally and usually when I've left it too late I still apply it and the spot will break out over night but I apply it twice the next day and it goes away with 1-2 days! I picked this up from Debenhams Origins counter for £15! Seems like such a small bottle but I have had this for over a year and still have a lot left!

So, that's my evening skin care routine, I hope you found this useful! I have linked everything in case any of you want to give some of it a try, let me know if you do!

Keep Posted

Casey 
x



No comments:

Post a Comment